Tuesday, April 21, 2015

An Unusual Night (Story of the "Lost Time") !!

It was a dark,gloomy night. I heard no sounds, not even the chirping of birds. The wind blew just enough to cool the tiredness of the day. I lay there alone looking at the sky. The stars just went inside some clouds to rest, the moon had lost its shine, the growing darkness seemed to have surrounded me from all around. Thousands of thoughts had circled my mind and i was to choose one. Silence it was that blew my mind.

When i looked around i found it quiet but looking inside myself, it was a noisy atmosphere!
We ought to think too much, be it our past life, our future fears or present days, its all in the head. The past 3 years was a movie of 3 minutes in this wandering mind of mine. The future was like a never ending opera and every moment now was just another beat hitting hard continuously until i realized it has just passed!

What is happening? i asked myself...
What am i doing? i thought to myself...
What am i thinking? i questioned  myself...

Soon, in search of these answers, i started walking...i walked and walked and all i could see was darkness, all i heard was silence. The time never passed, it felt like frozen.

Suddenly everything was still and it as only my inner self exploding out into this world to find something that could not be found, to try and hear for answers that didn't exist, to see through the darkness and to feel the fear.

 Soon from far away i felt something. it was the first light of the beautiful morning. the light to my rescue from the darkness. the light that brought some hints to my life.

I opened my eyes to find the sunshine. Sounds of birds emerged from all around, i heard footsteps moving fast, the dogs barking and much more. To my surprise, i was laying at the same place i started the night at and time had in fact run too fast to tell me it had been 8 hours since i checked the time last night.

 Half the things i thought of were lost somewhere i couldn't trace and a few thoughts struck such that i couldn't even conclude!
Where did i lose track to time, when did the frozen time start running and when did i lose the 8 hrs of mine during this unusual night?

What just happened, i was unaware but one thing i knew for sure: "There was this uncommon thing about night that can never be understood. the reality and the dream cannot be separated at this point of time."

4 comments: